This time of year it is great to reflect on all the miracles of life. I wanted to just go over a few of the miracles in each one of our bodies.
This stuff is pretty amazing:
- The Human adult is made up of around 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms *There are about 50-75 trillion cells in the body
- Your nose can remember 50,000 different scents
- We shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour
- A human baby has over 60 more bones than an adult
- Human bones ounce for ounce are stronger than steel
- The human brain can hold up to 1000 tetrabites of information, the National Archives of Britain (containing more than 900 years of history) takes up 70 tetrabites
- There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body and Your heart will pump 1.5 million barrels of blood during your lifetime (enough to fill 200 train tank cars) and Everyday your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 20 miles
- The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colors
- If uncoiled, the DNA in all the cells of your body would stretch 10 billion miles, from here to Pluto and back
- Taking one step uses 200 muscles
- Stomach manufactures new lining every 3 days
- 300 billion new cells are produced every day
..And all of these are controlled and/or coordinated by your nervous system.
- There are 100 billion neurons in the human brain, 13.5 million in the spinal cord
- Signals can transmit at speeds of 328 feet per second or over 220 mph
- 46 miles of nerves in the human body Your body is a miracle, and it takes miracles to even sit here, to listen, to breathe. Be grateful for your miracle and know that your nervous system enables you to do amazing things!
So… keep all these miracles functioning at 100%, go see your Chiropractor!